Me again.
Not been on here for a while. Probably best start with "Hello Jo!" as she's probably the only person who'll be seeing this for a while!
News?
The car is still going. It needed a few hundred pounds worth of work doing to the rear suspension - one of the swing arms had failed - this was the cause of the knocking, not dampers, or the bushes, which were the next thing to need replacing. Not entirely happy about the gear selectors for 2nd gear - I reckon that will be the next thing to go. I can drive it without second if necessary, but that wouldn't be ideal.
PC has been plagued with problems recently. Due to me mucking about with a DVD drive, I ended up corrupting Windows, and needing to do a complete reformat and reinstall. Many hours later I had just about got it all running again, and Windows fully updated (it needed to download Service Pack 2 which took hours) when an update on my video card driver caused it all to crash again. Every trick in the book was tried to get it running again, but in the end I gave up, and just flicked the off switch on the wall.
Today I find that it works. So much for the technical approach!
Otherwise life is ticking by slowly.
My eldest daughter (10) was messing about a few days ago. She threatened to pull out all my white hairs. Then she thought better, pointing out to me that she would leave me almost bald if she did.
I reminded her that I still have the receipt for the Nintendo I have bought her for Christmas, and can still return it...
News?
The car is still going. It needed a few hundred pounds worth of work doing to the rear suspension - one of the swing arms had failed - this was the cause of the knocking, not dampers, or the bushes, which were the next thing to need replacing. Not entirely happy about the gear selectors for 2nd gear - I reckon that will be the next thing to go. I can drive it without second if necessary, but that wouldn't be ideal.
PC has been plagued with problems recently. Due to me mucking about with a DVD drive, I ended up corrupting Windows, and needing to do a complete reformat and reinstall. Many hours later I had just about got it all running again, and Windows fully updated (it needed to download Service Pack 2 which took hours) when an update on my video card driver caused it all to crash again. Every trick in the book was tried to get it running again, but in the end I gave up, and just flicked the off switch on the wall.
Today I find that it works. So much for the technical approach!
Otherwise life is ticking by slowly.
My eldest daughter (10) was messing about a few days ago. She threatened to pull out all my white hairs. Then she thought better, pointing out to me that she would leave me almost bald if she did.
I reminded her that I still have the receipt for the Nintendo I have bought her for Christmas, and can still return it...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home