Friday, May 12, 2006

May Update

Well, not so much May update, as 2006 update. I seem to have entirely missed 2005 which is a neat trick. Not sure if anybody actually noticed, I have a feeling that the majority of people only blog for themselves, or a very limited number of friends.

Here is where I get flamed by all those with hundreds of blog followers.

Just on the offchance of a visit, I must say "G'Day" to Phil, currently on a trip to Australia. If anyone else is reading this, his blog is over at:

http://www.upsidedownaustralia.blogspot.com/

...and is problably a lot more interesting than this one.

Updating from a much earlier post of my own, I noted that I drive a Ford Fiesta.
I sold her (she was called Lexie) to a colleague, who promptly mutilated her by scraping the side down a garage wall!
I bought a Ford Mondeo from Ebay. I was most impressed by the extra power (going from an asthmatic 1.1l engine to a 1.8i Zetec). Suddenly I could actually overtake things, without needing to give them a week's written notice. "Silvie" as she was known, took us all over, including on a week's holiday to Wales last summer. Then, in winter, a spark plug did something it shouldn't, which sent a shock up to the ignition pack, which in turn sent an electrical "spike" to the engine's computer. This tripped out, and suddenly my 130mph car was capable of just 30. It also stalled every time I dipped the clutch, and could only move away by keeping the throttle on hard, and controlling the speed using the clutch.

Not an ideal situation, so I got it into a garage. It cost me £300 to discover that the car was worth £80 scrap. The repairs. parts and labour would have cost £1000 to put the car back on the road - and the car was only worth about £800!

The above pic is of the truck which came to carry her away to a scrapyard. Not my happiest moment.

Now I own a Fiat Punto, and old P-reg (1997), but with only 41000 on the clock. She (Fiona) is nice - but makes a few rattles that I don't like the sound of - possibly the back suspension or sub frame. I think a service is called for.

This is Fiona.





Other news...

Nothing too exciting. I've turned 34 recently. My eldest daughter turned 10 last week. My wife is 30 next month. Oh, and We've been married 10 years.
And we're still very happy.

Which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home